What is the Lean Start-Up Canvas Suite?
Why is it important to your Start-Up?
"We are just in the planning stage, how do we know if we should go forward with this business idea or not?" That is what the Lean Canvas helps you decide.
The Business Canvas asks questions that are not as relevant to a Start-Up. The Lean Canvas is a road map to validate the business idea and get it started on the right path.
Value proposition Canvas
This Canvas assesses the company's product market fit.
- What is the pain point you are experiencing and do others have that same issue?
- Who is your customer and what pain points do they have?
This Canvas evaluates outside forces that can impact your business.
- Who are your competitors?
- What new trends can affect your business?
LEAN start-up canvas
This Canvas is a road map to document your plan A.
- How do you identify the riskiest parts of your plan?
- How do you systematically test your plan?
This Board, taken from the Agile Manifesto, helps define the action steps.
- What is the most important thing that needs to be done?
- What work can be completed in a short time period?
When you want to start a business, what are you told: “Write a Business Plan.” Think about it, you are writing a Business Plan when you know the LEAST about your business! What you should start with is testing your theories. Is it a unique idea? Does it satisfy your potential customer better than what is currently being used? Have you identified any key metrics, taken surveys, or designed prototypes to capture potential early adopters? This is the structure the Lean Canvas brings to your team. Once you have journeyed through all of these canvases, you will be able to write a Business Plan that has solid thinking and verified metrics.
Are you ready to start a business? Contact us here.